Dear Valued Customer,
With new restrictions in place with a one week lock down in the Hunter and Upper Hunter Regions. This includes the LGAs of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie, Maitland, Port Stephens, Cessnock, Dungog, Singleton and Muswellbrook.
It is important that we all comply with NSW Health to ensure ongoing safety of all our employees and the community. Hymix wish to reiterate that any supply to sites and the associated workforce will be in line with the most up to date NSW Health orders. As an example, ensuring employees present a negative test result in the stipulated period for affected LGAs prior to attending work.
We have used the time to work with our stakeholders to reinforce and update our COVID-Safe protocols to include additional measures. These additional measures have been in place from 31 July to ensure we continue to do our bit to fight the spread.
Our workforce of drivers, testers and plant staff are deemed Authorised Workers. This means they are permitted to leave their LGAs to conduct work for Hymix.
Please see the below link that shows the list of Authorised Workers. This list is referenced in the NSW Health Orders and restrictions on page 22, clause 24E(2).
From an operational perspective, we carry out a daily review of the NSW Health orders internally and with industry to ensure our protocols are up to date.
We know these measures will give us the best possible opportunity to work together and get back up to speed. To ensure our COVID-Safe protocols are as effective as possible we need your help.
Likewise, if you have site specific instructions, please let us know so we can work with you to ensure your COVID-Safe plan is followed.
Please see our new COVID-Safe protocols and what we need from you to help keep us all COVID-Safe and our industry operating.
What we need from you:
- Ensure your site has a Service NSW COVID-19 QR Code or register available at the delivery or testing locations.
- Create exclusion zones for our delivery drivers & suitable zones for testers to ensure social distancing.
- Do not make physical contact with Hymix vehicles, equipment or staff.
- If you need dockets, from 31 July they will be displayed on side of trucks in docket pouches for viewing & photos. We will not be providing dockets in order to avoid close contact.
- Ensure that your construction works are in the approved LGAs and in line with most up to date NSW Healthorders.
- For additional delivery information please use your MyHymix or Onsite Portal.
- For running totals please use your MyHymix, Onsite App or call our customer service centre.
Additional measures implemented:
These measures are additional to those already in our comprehensive COVID Safe plan, which has been in operation for the last 18 months.
- Creation of separate work zones across Newcastle/Hunter & Central Coast with trucks and employees managed to minimise interaction with people outside of their zones. The aim is to group trucks, plants and technical resources and avoid mingling.
- Increased segregation of employees while onsite with an aim to minimise interaction between various workgroups. To assist with this. we are arranging portable toilets and water stations at relevant operations.
- We will be minimising site visits and all visits will be outdoors, whether technical or sales.
- Aside from the Service NSW QR code sign in, we are implementing a Hymix QR code check in on our sites foradditional work locations, such as batch rooms, offices, lunch rooms etc.
- We are working to improve camera coverage to provide better contact tracing data and facilitate better data ofpeople movements onsite.
- Relevant sites and trucks have undergone deep cleaning.
- Additional cleaning equipment and materials have been organised to further increase visibility and access.
If you have questions about any of these new COVID-Safe measures. please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Hymix representative.
Finally, we know some of these protocols will take some getting used to and are different from how we have all operated previously. We apologise for your ongoing support in helping us do our bit to help stop the spread of COVID.
We are confident that as long as we all work together we will get the best possible outcome.
Until our next delivery to you, please keep safe.
Need additional information?
Visit the NSW Health website for information – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) (nsw.gov.au)
NSW Public Health Orders – Temporary gathering and movement restrictions – NSW legislation
Details on the Hymix COVID-19 response can be found on – Insights | Hymix Concrete Supplier